I don’t do resolutions, never really have, never really want to.
But I do have some goals for the next 365-ish days. Mostly broad and generalized, some more personal and not-really-for-the-public, and some just… why the hell not, right?
Things I’m certain I’m going to do:
Dec 31st-Jan 1st, Party like it’s on sale for $19.99
What can I say, I <3 Badur’s NYE parties, I’m even willing to (sort of) get dressed up for them!
In April (Easter Weekend), go to Dallas Suscon 2010.
I’ve already got accommodations and car rentals figured out thanks to Mister, so it’s just my flight and the funds I need to really work on, which shouldn’t be too difficult.
By around May/June-ish, pay off the car.
My parents technically paid for the car for me last May/June-ish, they took money out of their line of credit to pay for the car in cash, and I paid back about 65% of it within a week or so. The other 35% plus interest has been split up over the year so by this time it should be 100% mine. Then I can start saving for other big ticket items (mostly… a house.)
Around November, go visit family in Hong Kong.
Not really sure how that will work out, but I want at least a week-ish (almost two if I can swing it) to go to Hong Kong, and maybe China. I haven’t been to Hong Kong since grade 7 when I was 12, so it’s a bit over-due for a visit, especially with the not-so-good health of my grandfather on my mom’s side.
Throughout the year, Blog more.
After the last post it seems that I don’t really blog much, especially since signing up for Twitter. Which makes the last post more difficult to write, and generally makes me forget about what I have accomplished within the year.
Things I really really really want to do/stick to:
Going to the gym more. Is that even surprising? Isn’t that on everyone’s list? Although I seem to have a better goal at the same time, and that’s to get camera guy going to the gym as well. And I seem to do well with projects. He’s my project. Which may include me having gym memberships at two different gyms, but we’ll figure it all out.
Going out more (but not spending a lot of money doing it.) I think this is mostly going to be photography adventures with camera guy. He wants to work on his photography, as do I, and in order to do that we need to get off our butts & go out & shoot! Need to find some awesome locations, or figure out how to make ordinary locations awesome.
Be more upfront with how I want things to be. I’ve gotten pretty tired of people… for lack of better term… using me, physically, mentally, financially, so this is my first attempt at having it end here. If someone pisses me off, I tell them straight away they’re pissing me off. If I think someone’s trying to rip me off, I’ll tell them they’re being assholes and to stay the hell away from my wallet. Those are the only two examples I can think of.
Become more financially independent. Guitar Hero Boy is supposed to help me with this. Apparently I’ve got all the “Saving money” bits down, now it’s just the “investing wisely” bits I need help with. What’s fun is the fact that I really like talking about this kind of stuff. He really likes talking about this stuff. And I think he’s all sorts of happy that I don’t do the eyes-glaze-over thing when he starts going on and on about it.
Things that would be ideal but… I’m already not sure it’s really going to happen.
Getting tattooed. I’ve run out of real estate that I can tattoo that my mom won’t find out about. And I’m still living at home, I want to respect her wishes in that I not get tattooed (which… I guess I already broke) but visible work will likely have to wait til after I get my own place and move out.
Win the lottery. This would include purchasing lottery tickets… which I generally don’t do. I do sometimes because it’s fun to dream when there’s a super duper big pot but most of the time? Meh, I’ve got better things to spend my $3.00 on.